I’ve tried so many Macaroni and Cheese dishes, but none were able to satisfy my taste buds quite like this one. I came up with the recipe quite accidently upon discovering Bisto cheese granules, and it was a game changer. (This is NOT sponsored by them).
So, without anymore long (or unwanted short) paragraphs, here’s the most delicious, and easiest Mac and Cheese!
- Pasta (750g)
- Milk 1 liter
- Bisto Cheese Granules
- 4-6 slices of bread (or premade panko)
- Garlic powder
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt to taste
- Turn on the oven at 180C - top and bottom rack. (Skip this step if you've got panko). Place the bread in the oven. Let it bake until crispy but not burnt.
- In the meantime, boil pasta. Drain, keep aside.
- For the cheese sauce, add 5 tablespoon full of Bisto cheese granules in 1 liter of milk over medium heat. Keep stirring, bring to boil. When the cheese gets slightly thicker, turn off the flame. You want the cheese to be liquidy and not too thick.
- Check the bread. If it feels firm and not soft, remove it from the oven and crush it in the blender with some garlic powder and salt.
- Place the boiled pasta in a medium sized (or enough to have the pasta leveled) oven proof dish. Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta. Spread mozzarella cheese at the top. Sprinkle and cover the pasta with the panko. Bake until golden brown.